Re: Bundling GNU ELPA packages

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Bundling GNU ELPA packages
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 14:01:25 -0500

What is needed, I think it something like the following:

- a file that lists which packages we want to bundle.
- a makefile target that fetches those packages and places them where we
  want them.
- this target should be used work when creating the release tarballs
  and pretests.
- this target should also work when building from the emacs.git
  repository, but we wouldn't want to update every time we do "make".
- when building from the trunk, it should fetch the latest code
  from elpa.git.
- when making the tarballs or building from the release branch, it
  should fetch particular revisions (the file that lists the packages
  would also list the revision we want for each package).
- it should work both for "subtree" and "external" packages.

        Stefan