Re: Turning off colorization

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: Turning off colorization
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 15:47:07 +0100

Hi Eli, emacs developers,
* Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> [07. Nov. 2014]:
>> Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 14:57:21 +0100
>> From: Gregor Zattler <address@hidden>
>>
>> Try eww on http://lwn.net/Articles in emacs on black rxvt-unicode:
>> White background, bright blue (or something) letters.  Quite
>> unreadable.
>
> FWIW, I just tried that, and I cannot support the "quite unreadable"
> claim.  I have no problem reading it, and it doesn't even annoy.

This astonishes me because in the described setup the background
is bright white, links are barely readable bright blue or bright
turquoise while normal text is invisible (=bright white).

What I did:
- rename ~/.Xdefaults
- restart X
- urxvt -bg black -fg white -e emacs-snapshot -Q -nw
- eww lwn.net/Articles
  (looks as described)
- configure the two shr-color-visible-  variables
- kill eww
- eww lwn.net/Articles
  (looks the same as before).

I did the same with xterm and there the site is displayed "quite
unreadable" (background is some kind of grey, the text is white
the links in some kind of bright blue...), but customization also
does not matter.

> Of course, all this is highly personal.

In the case of what I see in the case of the urxvt I would
dispute "personal".  A attach two screen shots, they weigh 64
KiBi in sum, don't know if the mailing list supports this

Ciao, Gregor
--