Re: Turning off colorization

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: Turning off colorization
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 09:57:02 -0500

>> Some colour changes are OK, but the backgound should be untouched.

EZ> I disagree, sorry.  If the HTML specifies a certain background,
EZ> Emacs should by default follow that.

The reader's prefs always must take precedence over anything authors
suggest.

But perhaps eww and shr should be treated differently here?  Dealing
with HTML email is significantly different than browsing web sites.

I can understand wanting to present web sites similarly to how other
browsers do.  But I cannot understand willingness to permit email to be
unreadable.  Or even just uglier than plain text email.

As I earlier wrote, allowing a local stylesheet to override style
elements in the source is an acceptable method of fixing this.  That is
a normail web-browser capability, and gnus could support an additional
local stylesheet just for its buffers to constrain html mail more
tightly than eww does.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6