Include necessary git tools in the Emacs distribution?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Include necessary git tools in the Emacs distribution?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:39:52 +0100

To use git for Emacs development, you really kinda need merge-changelog
and git-new-workdir.  The former is a C file also included in gnulib, so
I would assume that that's not a licensing problem.

git-new-workdir is a shell script, and I can't find the license after
looking around for ten seconds.

Anyway, I don't think it makes much sense to make Emacs developers hunt
around for these things themselves when it's something that's needed if
you don't want to go insane while hacking Emacs.

I mean, more insane.