Network security manager

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Network security manager
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 13:46:59 +0100

I plan on starting to implement the Emacs network security manager soon
(hopefully this evening), but I was wondering whether to do it on a
public feature branch or on the trunk.

Doing it on a branch will make it less likely that I'll be disrupting
much, but (by experience) this also means that there will be no testing
or feedback by anybody else but me until I merge the entire thing.

If I'm implementing this directly on the trunk, it will be disabled by
default, and the people who want to test it will have to set a variable
called something like `network-security-policy' to something like
`enabled'.  The default will be nil, so (in theory) nobody else should
be bothered by it while we're working out the details.