Re: Include necessary git tools in the Emacs distribution?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Include necessary git tools in the Emacs distribution?
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 18:15:43 -0800

Rüdiger Sonderfeld wrote:
I guess the best solution to deal with it,
would be to move it from Gnulib to git/contrib.

An even better solution would be to generate the ChangeLog automatically from the git commit log, as is done in several other GNU projects. This is on our list of things to do for Emacs. Once it's done, Emacs shouldn't need git-merge-changelog.