Re: Network security manager

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Network security manager
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 18:00:15 +0100

I just had an interesting user interface experience.

eww loads images asynchronously, and one of the images that it tried to
fetch had an invalid certificate, so the NSM queried me about this
certificate.  Which was kinda surprising, since I was in the middle of
typing something else...

I see at least two ways of dealing with this:

1) Drop certificate checking for images in shr.  I mean, do we care?

2) If being run from the async context (how do we check for that?),
refuse to handle insecure TLS connections silently.