EWW buffers

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: EWW buffers
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 16:12:17 +0000

 >> You could create the *eww* buffer immediately?

 > We could, but it would look kinda odd.  Or perhaps not?  Pop up the
 > empty buffer saying "Loading..."  It's possible.

        It’s also perfectly possible to create that buffer but do /not/
        switch to it until it’s ready.  It won’t help in the scenario
        being discussed, but to be honest, EWW already pops its buffers
        way to often to my taste.

        Consider, for instance, invoking eww-reload in a handful of
        buffers in a row, – EWW will switch to each of these buffers as
        soon as one’s done, which could very well happen in the middle
        of user interaction with some specific buffer.

        Granted, it’s possible to switch to a EWW buffer, invoke
        eww-reload, wait for it to complete, and only /then/ go to some
        other buffer (whether EWW or not), but that kind of spoils the
        benefits of asynchronous url-retrieve operation, doesn’t it?

[…]

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A