Re: Generating the ChangeLog files from the commit messages

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Generating the ChangeLog files from the commit messages
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 23:29:11 +0700

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've taught myself to ask this to contributors, but still,
> I continue to accept patches for which I edit the changelog myself.

So what’s the difference?

Workflow A: you receive a patch, apply it (it gets committed to a
temporary local branch), edit the changelog, commit -a --amend, and
push.

Workflow B: you receive a patch, apply it (it gets committed to a
temporary local branch), commit --amend (it lets you edit the commit
message), and push.