Re: Environment variables for remote processes

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Environment variables for remote processes
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 19:31:28 +0100

> I do not say that I completely oppose (I start to understand your
> proposal), but this might break existing code.

Nitpicking: there is no clean way to remove an environment variable,
which might have been set remotely and which you do not want to have
set while executing process-file.

You can check, whether an environment variable exists on toplevel
process-environment, and does not exist on the let-bound
process-environment. Then you can call "unset ...".

But how do you do it, when this variable does not exists in your
toplevel process-environment?

Best regards, Michael.