Re: Testing the new VC code

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Testing the new VC code
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 13:12:18 +0100

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

> In any case, none of the differences seem worth getting excited about.
> I'll keep an eye on CVS latency, but I won't reintroduce complexity
> against it unless we get complaints from real users.  With response
> times of a quarter second I think that is unlikely - it's not that far
> above the minimum ergonomic threshold of 0.17sec below which humans
> simply cannot notice latency at all.

I agree with you, that the differences are noticeable only for CVS. My
tests show that for the other (tested) cases there are no serious
performance penalties so far. But I haven't checked vc-state and
vc-registered only up to now.

Whether the CVS case is serious might be checked also by other
people. For me, it would be acceptable.

Pls tell me whether you would like to run further tests in my environment.

Best regards, Michael-