Re: Bidirectional text and URLs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Bidirectional text and URLs
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 09:24:21 -0500

> which maps to (1073 "6") in `uni-confusables-char-table-single'.  EWW and
> SHR could opportunistically use that table to highlight such characters.

I don't think SHR/EWW can really do that for the buffer's main text,
since AFAIK it doesn't know whether what it displays is supposed to be
a URL or just plain human text (or rather, to do it well it would have
to somehow detect a particular mix of characters).

OTOH it can&should indeed do something (including a bigfat warning for
bidi-ordering codes) when displaying something it knows to be a URL.

        Stefan