Re: merging emacs-24

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: merging emacs-24
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 15:01:54 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I think we no longer need admin/notes/git-workflow.  It gives the same
> instructions as the Wiki, but slightly differently, which might
> confuse.  I think we should have a single place for these
> instructions.  If someone thinks we need the instructions in the
> repository, I suggest to make a text copy of the Wiki.  Otherwise, I
> think we should remove admin/notes/git-workflow.
>
> Any objections?

Yes, I object.
I don't see why this information, which is critical to Emacs
development, is maintained in an external third-party wiki. I can only
assume it's because everyone loves to talk about version control.
I think the wiki version is too long (because everyone loves to talk
about version control) and I prefer the simple version that Lars wrote.

So I agree there should be one place, but IMO it should be in
admin/notes, and it should not try to say everything.