Re: Metaproblem, part 3

From: Kelvin White
Subject: Re: Metaproblem, part 3
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 08:16:34 -0500

Hello,

I am a new maintainer here, and just wanted to chime in as I've experienced
the process of getting acclimated to the common procedures and such, as a
new dev. First of all I want to say thanks to Stefan for taking the time to help
me get started, and for his patience with my ignorance. Also, I wanted to make
a point that the "mentorship" here on emacs-devel is great. I have asked any
question to the list I may have had and gotten prompt, helpful guidance from
many. I also think that any change to make "mentorship" some process with
more policies to remember would not only be counter intuitive but it would
take away from the camaraderie we have here and make it seem too corporate
I think. Some things you just need to leave natural and not try to automate,
and streamline, even though it's against our nature.

Thanks again!