Re: Your commit 7409a79

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Your commit 7409a79
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 02:32:51 -0800

Andreas Schwab wrote:
The summary line should not end with a period

Both styles are OK, if you ask me. My mild suggestion would be: if the summary line is a sentence, end it with a period; if not, not. Often, summary lines are simple imperative sentences like "Improve CONTRIBUTE and related files." and that should be fine. If the summary is "New macro `define-inline'" it might be better to omit the trailing period. Either way, it's not a big deal.