Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 13:02:56 +0000

[…]

 > If we are going for eww as the primary browser, it needs to become
 > much more mature and better before it can count.  It will also have
 > to acquire features specific for supporting reading of documentation,
 > something that currently is not even on eww developers' agenda,
 > AFAIK.

        JFTR, if you have any specific improvements in mind, – please
        file them as (wishlist) bugs.  I do not promise anything, but I
        use EWW as my primary browser for over a year now, and I sure
        hope to help make it better.

[…]

 > The problem is _searching_ by index entries.  The 'i' command in the
 > Info viewer.  Without that command, you cannot use a manual as a
 > reference, where you know approximately what you are looking for, but
 > don't know its chapter/section name.

        (Investigating this one is already in my “to do” list.)

[…]

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A