Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 13:47:35 +0100

address@hidden (Phillip Lord) writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> From: address@hidden (Phillip Lord)
>>> Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 14:01:00 +0000
>>> Cc: address@hidden
>>>
>>> I am almost certainly not the person to do this, but I am willing to
>>> contribute to the documentation. I write well, or at least I think I do
>>> but then who doesn't.
>>
>> Thanks for the offer.  Please consider working on the documentation
>> changes required by the new features mentioned in NEWS.  Every entry
>> there that isn't marked with either "+++" or "---" needs a doc update.
>

> I shall investigate. I guess this means I would need to learn texinfo!

Not really.  Adding documentation, if we are not talking about writing a
whole new document, basically means going by analogy with the material
you are augmenting and looking what it uses.  With Texinfo that's quite
easier than with AsciiDoc since you can clearly see what is relevant
Texinfo code and what is just incidental ASCII art.

--
David Kastrup