Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 17:16:42 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 06:08:26PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: address@hidden (Phillip Lord)
> > Cc: <address@hidden>,  <address@hidden>,  <address@hidden>,
> > <address@hidden>
> > Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 12:33:38 +0000

> > > Nonsense.  What evidence do you have to back that up?

> > I think it is intrinsically hard to get evidence for why people do NOT
> > do something.

> What I had in mind was some evidence, even anecdotal one, that people
> considered contributing a chunk of docs, but decided against that
> because of Texinfo.

I don't recall any difficulty learning Texinfo at all, and I certainly
didn't find it off-putting.  Back in ~2003, I had done some fairly
substantial Elisp coding, and it needed documenting.  Compared with the
effort needed to learn Emacs and Elisp, I found Texinfo fairly trivial.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).