Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 21:27:59 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> I was answering your earlier question about evidence.  Writing ASCII
> docs and asking you [Eli] to merge them is not fair to you.

Shrug.  Making use of voluntary work without contributing back anything
at all is "not fair", and it's what the majority of Emacs users do.
That's more or less a builtin and _wanted_ side effect that the
contributors perfectly well are aware of.

You are not asking to do nothing but merely offering to do the actual
work requiring actual creative thinking.  And Eli has offered to do
finger exercises on it to get the benefits of work you otherwise would
be loathe to do.

I don't see how taking him up on that offer would be unfair to him any
more than free software is anyway.  He gets documentation work done for
lots less of effort than if he had to do it all himself.

--
David Kastrup