Re: Patch queue management systems

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Patch queue management systems
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 01:32:39 +0100

> One of the most annoying things about applying patches is looking around
> for whether the person has assigned copyright to the FSF?  Is there a
> reason why this list isn't available as a...  web service?  Or something?

I just wrote a function to grep changelogs for names.  Works almost as
well.  :-)

Perhaps debbugs should have an automatic "nag the maintainer"
functionality.  I mean, at least once.  There's a lot of bug reports in
there that I think are very difficult for a third party to evaluate
whether make sense or not.

Of course, large swathes of Emacs are unmaintained...