Re: master c6f03ed: Fix a problem in url.el without GnuTLS

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master c6f03ed: Fix a problem in url.el without GnuTLS
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 20:08:12 +0200

> From: Leo Liu <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 00:47:48 +0800
> Cc: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
>
> why aren't all these -available-p functions replaced by features?

Because the feature might be available, but inoperable (e.g., if some
underlying library is missing).  This happens all the times in the
Windows build, where optional shared libraries are loaded dynamically
only when needed, even though Emacs itself was compiled with support
for that library.  We will see more of that once we support some kind
of dynamic modules.