Re: HTML-Info design

From: Tom
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 14:41:31 +0000 (UTC)

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sure, but I do not think we need those JS libraries for something like
> this now. Just target HTML5.

How does it solve the problem?

The main problem with JS development is that different browsers implement
the JS DOM differently, either by misundersanding the standard,
implementing their own non-standard extensions or implementing things
differently which are not clearly defined by the standard.

That's why we need JS libraries to hide these implementation differences,
so one does not have to deal with them in one's app.

Targeting HTML5 still carries these problems, because it's just an other
standard which can be misunderstood, etc.