Re: Using stpcpy

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: Using stpcpy
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 11:26:47 +0100

> Sorry, I don't understand this: there's no call to stpcpy on line 350
> of ntlib.c, or anywhere else in ntlib.c, actually.  That line calls
> strcpy, not stpcpy.

True.

>  Can you try to find out why do you get this
> error?  If nothing else helps, please look in a preprocessed version
> of ntlib.c for any header files that "#define strcpy stpcpy" or some
> such.

I've generated the preprocessed version of ntlib.c with the same
command run by 'make', but adding a "-E" switch as first argument to
'gcc':

  $ gcc -E -std=gnu99  -mtune=pentium4 \
  -I. \
  -I../src -I../lib \
  -I<srcdir>/lib-src \
  -I<srcdir>/lib-src/../src \
  -I<srcdir>/lib-src/../lib \
  -mtune=pentium4  -DGLYPH_DEBUG=1 -DUSE_CRT_DLL=1 \
  -I <srcdir>/nt/inc -g3 -O2 -gdwarf-2 \
  -DEMACS_NAME="\"GNU Emacs\"" -DVERSION="\"25.0.50\"" \
  -o etags.exe \
  <srcdir>/lib-src/etags.c regex.o \
  ../lib/libgnu.a  ntlib.o

But I don't find anything like "#define strcpy stpcpy" in the
preprocessed file, which I'm attaching to this message.

--
Dani Moncayo