Re: Generalizing find-definition

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Generalizing find-definition
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 13:01:37 -0600

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> On 12/19/2014 10:00 AM, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
>
>> If there are no further objections, I'll install it in a few days.
>
> Installed, with minor tweaks.
>
> I'll let others decide if the now-unbound interactive functions from
> etags.el should be obsoleted, removed or kept as-is for older users.

Something's weird.

Starting from emacs -Q, in *scratch*, eval:

(require 'xref)
(emacs-lisp-mode)
xref-find-function

This gives etags-xref-find; it should give elisp-xref-find.

The only work-around I've found is to recompile emacs-lisp-mode in the
running emacs.

Somehow, the dumped definition of emacs-lisp-mode doesn't match the
source in elisp-mode.el (which sets xref-find-function to
elisp-xref-find).

--
-- Stephe