Re: Correspondence between web-pages and Info-pages

From: Kelly Dean
Subject: Re: Correspondence between web-pages and Info-pages
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2015 04:21:28 +0000

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Emacs doesn't lack that: you can copy the current node name to the
> kill ring (and consequently to the clipboard) using the
> Info-copy-current-node-name command.  This enables #5.

Thanks; I didn't know that. But it's still not user-friendly for a text editor
to copy the wrong text using the standard copy command, and require use of a
separate command to copy the right text. Whatever the reason is for the
different internal behavior, it isn't something that users should have to care
about or trip over.

> YMMV, but I'm always tremendously annoyed by Google oh-so-helpful
> decision what language I want to see my pages in.  I hope Emacs will
> never follow that particular suit.

I agree! Earlier in my original message, I strongly criticized Google for this,
so I thought it would be obvious that my later suggestion to use source-ip was
a joke, but just to be sure, I wrote ⌜Just checking if anybody is still awake.⌝