Re: Correspondence between web-pages and Info-pages

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Correspondence between web-pages and Info-pages
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 08:50:50 -0500

> What's the advantage?

I don't understand this discussion because it seems it's not talking
about the same thing as that for which I started this thread with its
new "Subject:".

To get us back on track: I'm proposing (and hoping someone can help
implement) a change in the format of references from "(<file>)<node>" to
some other format that would also happen to be a URL that random
browsers can use.  The new URL format would probably look like
and <suffix> would be constants.

I can imagine accepting a few different <prefix>es, which would be
listed in some Info-url-prefixes variable, for the benefit of Info
manuals not available on a gnu.org machine since the default/main prefix
would probably look like "http://www.gnu.org/...";.

Tho maybe we could instead simply accept "any" <prefix>, as long as

        Stefan