Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 38bb639 1/2: * files.el (directory-files-recurs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 38bb639 1/2: * files.el (directory-files-recursively): Do not include remote file names.
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 11:38:26 -0500

>> Is it a real problem?  I mean, in which circumstance did you end up
>> doing (directory-files-recursively "/" "")?
> I wanted to explore the new directory-files-recursively, and it was the
> first test which came to my mind. The shortest one to type.

So you didn't like the behavior, but it's not like that behavior was
non-sensical.

> It is a corner case only, of course. Do you believe my patch hurts? It's
> just one line, w/o performance penalties.

The problem with the patch is that you now have an ad-hoc workaround for
Tramp inside an otherwise perfectly generic function.  If it's really
needed, we can live with it and it's not the end of the world, but it
seems that the need for it is not very strong, so I'm leaning towards
removing it.

        Stefan