Re: git push precautions

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: git push precautions
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 12:39:24 +0700

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 1:15 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> But that problem no longer exists in current versions of Git.  Why
> should I punish myself on behalf of Git versions I never used and
> never will be?  It sounds perverse.

You cannot assume current Git on all systems, yet. The current Ubuntu
LTS (14.04 Trusty Tahr) has 1.9.1, and in corporate environments that
will be used until 16.04.

You personally can use whatever practice you deem safe and convenient,
but if we’re talking about generic recommendations, we have to account
for old Git versions.