Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets

From: joakim
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 16:46:22 +0100

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden wrote:
>>> Given the above, maybe you should revert the merge. Then squash all
>>> >
>> Perhaps that would be best.
>
> Yes, please do that.  Here are some other things to do before committing the
> merge.

Ok, so I don't botch it up worse, how would I do the revert exactly?

Then, how do I squash the commits properly?

For instance, should all commits to a certain directory be grouped, so a
changelog can be part of the commit message for that directory?

Is it not possible to edit the changelog to fix it?

Also parts of the patch was written by Gregoire, can I have 2 changelogs
in a commit message?

--
Joakim Verona