Re: Debbugs pseudo-headers in comments

From: Carlos Pita
Subject: Re: Debbugs pseudo-headers in comments
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 15:24:15 -0300

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 4:29 AM, Ivan Shmakov <address@hidden> wrote:

>         reply to, and thus there’s no need for any additional header
>         mangling on the part of Debbugs)?

I see, Ivan, thank you for the detailed explanation and also for the
links to further information.

Just another related question: when I send a bug report I get an
acknowledgement with a subject with the following format:

bug#NNNN: Acknowledgement (<bug description>)

The Reply-To header of this response is correctly set to the bug
address, but AFAICS in the mailing list most follow-ups don't include
the "Acknowledgement()" part in the subject header (although some of
them, including some of mine -shame on me-, do include it). So most of
the time they're not just mindless replies to the acknowledgement.
Some of them could be replies to follow-ups, fine. But sometimes the
bug reporter becomes its own commenter. So what do you do in these
cases:

1) Reply to the acknowledgement without modifying the subject.

2) Reply to the acknowledgement editing the subject to remove the
"Acknowledgement()" part.

3) Write a mail from scratch copy-pasting the bug description to the subject.

4) Another more sophisticated option I'm not aware of.

Cheers
--
Carlos