Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 08:17:06 -0800

On 02/05/2015 07:54 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Is it possible to somehow regenerate your patch against whats in the
xwidget branch now?

Sorry, my patch was all done by hand.

Some questions on the patch though:

- Are you supposed to have a space after # on ifdefed macros?

Nowadays it's considered nicer to indent there, e.g., see "#ifdef MAIN_PROGRAM" in lisp.h. Previously we didn't bother and a lot of the old code is still around, but we're talking new code here....

-  you mentioned some names are long, I suppose like
  webkit_osr_mime_type_policy_typedecision_requested_callback

These are generated algorithmically from signal names. Do you have an
idea for another algorithm?

The names should be static, so there's no need to worry about keeping them globally unique in the Emacs source code; they need to be unique only in xwidgets.c. For too-long names like that, how about using the same name as the g_signal_comment string, replacing "-" with "_"? E.g., mime_type_policy_decision_requested.