Re: Use of dedicated windows in gdb-mi.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Use of dedicated windows in gdb-mi.el
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 17:51:42 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 09:29:34 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I know Martin doesn't like this concept, but in any case, if we could
> try and arrange for gdb-mi to mark its windows as softly dedicated,
> I think it would solve your use case.

I'd like to hear the motivation first, because doing so goes against
the whole design of gdb-mi.  It makes little sense to me to have a
package that provides certain features as inherent part of its design,
only to disable those features on a whim.  Users who don't like the
gdb-mi UI can simply refrain from displaying those windows, they
aren't displayed by default.