Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] xwidget 9fe732a 2/2: Better changelog for xwidgets
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 14:20:25 -0800

On 02/09/2015 12:24 PM, address@hidden wrote:
My concern was that I have made no changees AFAIK to coding.c. So how
did it wind up in the patch you provided?

I don't recall, but let's not worry about it.

>>And these:
>>-  next_element_from_stretch
>>+  next_element_from_stretch,
>>   #ifdef HAVE_XWIDGETS
>>-  ,next_element_from_xwidget
>>+  next_element_from_xwidget,
>>
>>is it really correct to move the coma out of the ifdef?
>
>Yes, in C99, which Emacs is now assuming.
It feels weird, but well okay then. And its really considered better
form?

I prefer it, because it lets one put #if/#endif brackets around any enum value without worrying about whether the value is listed first or last or in the middle. The style with leading "," is less consistent, in that it cannot be used with the first enum value.