Re: Contributing LLVM.org patches to gud.el

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Contributing LLVM.org patches to gud.el
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:35:14 +0100

>   > "As one of the GCC developers working during the last ten years on
>   > reducing the gap between GCC and Clang, I would suggest that Emacs
>   > developers who are happy with Clang should just use it to improve
>   > Emacs
>
> Whoever said that does NOT speak for the GNU Project.

I don't see that at the current point of time, _anybody_ could claim to
speak for the GNU Project but yourself since nobody else has a clue what
it might mean at a given point of time to speak for the GNU project.

At some point of time, there was a call for Free Software speakers to
register with the FSF.  I have not registered because I don't consider
myself qualified to talk about Free Software in a manner consistent with
or favorable to the FSF's focus of the year.  Since answering some
questions honestly at such a talk might be embarrassing to the FSF, it
would not be appropriate to let the FSF recommend me.

--
David Kastrup