Re: Emacs development

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Emacs development
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 15:22:05 +0100

() Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
() Sat, 21 Feb 2015 14:27:04 +0200

   I'm not really sure I understand what these relationships
   are, or why are they important.

Me too (re relationships), which is why it behooves those
involved to state them explicitly (if possible).  Re importance
of knowing these relationships: uncertainty leads to doubt, and
doubt leads to hesitation, incorrect assumptions, stumbling
execution and (in the worst cases) circular recriminations.

Knowing things beforehand helps conserve energy and good will.

   > IMHO, this kind of inter-project policy-ish documentation
   > should live on Emacswiki.

   Then this is a separate issue, unrelated to newcomers to
   Emacs development.

I think it is related in that a newcomer's contributions may
belong better in one repo or another, or even apart from Emacs
(e.g., posted to gnu-emacs-sources only), due to relationships
and expectations.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502