Re: antlr-mode.el - need some support by python.el

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: antlr-mode.el - need some support by python.el
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:59:07 +0200

On 03/05/2015 12:26 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Do you have a submode in mind that will benefit from this distinction
(external vs internal narrowing) in practice, right now?

I don't understand the question.

The question is, do you really expect to be burned by unexpected narrowing/widening in indentation code. That problem, in isolation, seems easily solvable.

> I'm just firmly opposed to an API
that *relies* on narrowing, because I've been burned by narrowing too
often already.

I'm softly opposed to the color chosen for this bike shed. And since the plans for the power plant are non-existing, maybe we should avoid ordering the bikes just yet.

Or to put it in a different way, the lack of an API (which encourages people use some unseemly approach) is not the same as an API that relies on it. Because we won't have to support it for ever and ever.