Re: autoload for eww-suggest-uris

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: autoload for eww-suggest-uris
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 06:24:47 +0000

[…]

        [AKA news:address@hidden

 > so using the `add-hook' in eww itself is the correct way.

        How do we prevent it from interfering with an explicit ‘setq’
        then?

 SM> Basically, given that "unbound == nil", what is a bug is to defvar
 SM> a hook with a non-nil default value, unless that hook is predefined
 SM> (i. e. is never unbound).

        How exactly does this affect the case when autoloads /are/
        properly set up (as, I argue, they should be, assuming a proper
        Emacs installation)?

 > In fact, it seems that 25.1 will issue a compiler warning when a hook
 > variable is given a non-nil initial value.

        Rest assured I’ll promptly ignore it whenever working on my own
        code.

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A