Re: Making edebug work with Follow Mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Making edebug work with Follow Mode
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 15:12:16 -0400

> There are two reasons for this failure.  The main one is that edebug
> binds post-command-hook to nil, switching off Follow Mode's mechanism.

FWIW, in my local edebug.el I removed these let-bindings of
pre/post-command-hook a long time ago and never looked back.

So I'm in favor of simply removing them altogether.

> As the subsidiary fix, I've commented out edebug-adjust-windows and the
> call to it.

Sounds OK.  If/when someone complains about a particular side-effect, we
can see how to get it back in a less heavy-handed way than
edebug-adjust-windows.

        Stefan