Re: Can we make set_point_both less expensive?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Can we make set_point_both less expensive?
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 20:05:11 +0100

> We don't have to have an endless loop.  We can decide to stop the loop
> at any point.   Since such inf-loop would be an error in any case it's
> perfectly OK to end up with an "incorrect" display.

The loop wouldn't be "an error in any case".  It would be the result of
an interaction of the function on the hook and the display engine.

> Currently we decide to stop the loop before it can even start, so we end
> up with an incorrect display even if there would not be any such
> inf-looping.

I'd be among the first to appreciate a hook that is run once after the
display engine has established new window-start/-end/-point positions.
But having the display engine potentially call that hook again and again
would scare me.

martin