Re: Emacs trunk crash

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: Emacs trunk crash
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 06:32:55 +0100

> From: Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 19:59:41 +0000 (UTC)
>
> There is lots of bytecode which is executed during the backtrace.
> I don't know much about exploring those frames.

Ca you reproduce the problem by first starting "emacs -Q" and then
manually invoking 'desktop-read' to restore session from the offending
file?

I have not yet been able to do that.

 The reason I couldn't do it yet is the following :
- I run "emacs -Q" (under gdb)
- I load a couple of libraries among which "desktop.el"
- I try to evaluate (desktop-create-buffer ...)
but it fails with "void variable desktop-buffer-ok-count"

Even if I evaluate the form:
(defvar desktop-buffer-ok-count) from the desktop.el file,
the variable is still unknown.

What could cause that ?

Fabrice