Re: VC mode and git

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 17:59:09 -0400

> I think that C-x v v, when it commits changes, should also push them.

No, instead VC should offer a vc-push command.

> This would make git more comparable to other version control systems.

You mean like Bazaar, Mercurial, etc... who also distinguish between
"commit" and "push"?

> Does anyone see a reason not to?

That would try to pretend that we still live in the CVS days, but these
days are gone.  The new normal is to commit and push separately (even
if Bazaar provides the notion of "bound" branch to try and let you
pretend that they're not separate).

        Stefan