Re: VC mode and git

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 18:09:19 +0300

> Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 10:33:35 -0400
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>                                          Karl Fogel and I wrote a modern
>   > workflow (one which is used successfully by many many developers in
>   > projects using DVCSes),
>
> Felicitations for them, but why should that be relevant to this issue.
> There is a reason why some people like that workflow, and a reason why
> it screwed me.
>
>                           you and Ken'ichi screamed, Eli rewrote it to
>   > look like CVS.
>
> Thank you, Eli.

You are welcome.  But Stephen's version of history is far from what
really happened.  In particular, the CVS-like workflow was written by
Óscar Fuentes, not myself.  And the other workflow, the one written by
Karl and Stephen, suggested a bound branch from the get-go, AFAIR
(although I cannot prove that now, since the Wiki didn't keep the old
versions, and even the Wayback machine only has those instructions
since about a year after they were first published).