Re: VC mode and git

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 20:47:36 +0300

> From: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 19:09:52 +0200
>
> Indices on the Emacs manual are good when you need to know where a
> feature is explained and you know the terminology, as is the case of the
> indices of most technical books I know. When you don't know the
> terminology and just have a vague idea about how the topic you are
> interested on *might* be named, you are lost.

That's not how indices are written in the Emacs manuals: they do try
to cater to the situations where the reader knows only approximately
what she is looking for.  (They also index the exact terminology, of
course.)

So whenever you fail to find some subject description by feeding the
'i' command with a phrase you think is pertinent, please make a bug
report, because it ought to work, and we actively strive to make it
work.