Re: VC mode and git

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 10:59:34 +0200

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Eli Zaretskii writes:

  >  What he did became clear, even to me, after he showed the information
  >  we requested.

It did?  It's not clear to me.  I still haven't seen an explanation of
how he ended up with a ton of modified files that he didn't touch, or
how he's going to get past that safely.

Then you must have been missing some messages. Short summary of such an explanation: They are the result of an incomplete merge operation, and all come from origin/master at the time of his pull. This may not be the *correct* explanation, but it is a *possible* explanation.

Nobody has mentioned him
doing a diff against a public reference commit that *should* be where
he started, in order to confirm that when he pushes he can succeed
(preferably without making the DAG too ugly, as well).

I have mentioned this. It is true that on this list, if not in the world at large, I am a nobody, but you don't have to rub it in.

– Harald