Re: save-excursion and the mark

From: Magnar Sveen
Subject: Re: save-excursion and the mark
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 18:45:54 +0000

The change breaks expand-region, for one.

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 5:44 AM Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

`save-excursion' is defined to save&restore the mark (as well as its
being active or not).

But I'm having a hard time finding a piece of code where we actually
make use of this.  Can someone point me to such code (either in Emacs or
in some external package)?  I.e. point me to code which would misbehave
if save-excursion were to stop saving&restoring the mark (and/or its
activation status).

        Stefan