Re: What does all-completions with COLLECTION == obarray return?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: What does all-completions with COLLECTION == obarray return?
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 18:38:24 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't know.  I expected the recipe to demonstrate the kinds of
> problems you're seeing, so I guess I lack other parts of the recipe.

The "other parts" were just that if you repeat the recipe eight times or
so, Emacs gets slower an then freezes for longer and longer periods
before the minibuffer appears, and that is because obarray grows so
massively.  All that in a minimal helm environment - helm.sh, if it says
something to you.

The answer must be in the implementation of helminized completing read,
but I could not find something obviously unorthodox in the code wrt
obarray.

I'll try to step through the code and find out where something gets
actually added to obarray.

Thanks,

Michael.