Re: master cbef1e9 2/3: ; make change-history-commit

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: master cbef1e9 2/3: ; make change-history-commit
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 14:24:45 -0400

I had assumed that the ChangeLog would not be versioned at all now,
but it seems like it is? What's the point of that?
I assumed that only the corrections would be versioned, and the full
file would only appear in tarballs as a generated file.

I further assumed that the new-style generated log would always be
separate from the old-style ChangeLog.1 (I thought this was why the
latter was renamed to ChangeLog.1), but it seems like you added new
entries to ChangeLog.1?