Re: Stash

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Stash
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 14:18:47 +0300

> Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 06:58:11 -0400
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> In fact, that is what I am thinking of doing: working in a non-Git
> copy of the sources, and putting changes them into the Git-managed
> directory only to install them immediately on Savannah.
>
> If that does cause a problem, you're going to have the problem -- it
> is up to you to convince me not to use that method.

It could still cause the push to be rejected, if someone pushes
between your pull and your push.  But if you commit your
to-be-installed changes locally after putting those changes into the
Git-managed tree, such rejects can be easily handled by another pull
and potentially conflict resolution, similar to what you were used to
with CVS.