Re: map.el and naming

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: map.el and naming
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 02:52:39 +0200

Nicolas Petton writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on another library similar to seq.el but for maps (alists
> and hash-tables for now).
>
> I have an issue with naming regarding mapping over keys/values of a
> map. I thought about calling `map-map' the function that would map over
> the keys and values of map, and `map-map-keys' the function that would
> map over the keys of a map, etc.
>
> This is really ugly to my eyes, as there is map the name and map the
> verb.  Does anyone have a better idea?

I'm back with this issue.  Since I have "map" both as a verb and as a
name, and because I don't want to call "mapping" something else, I think
I'll go with renaming the library.

What do you think about "hash"?  It seems to be the name used in Ruby
such collections[1].

[1] http://ruby-doc.org/core-2.2.1/Hash.html