Re: [elpa] master 567ea7e 1/3: Ivy-mode now works better with `find-file

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] master 567ea7e 1/3: Ivy-mode now works better with `find-file'
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 00:56:13 -0400

>> Indeed (funcall collection "" pred t) should be equivalent to
>> (all-completions "" collection predicate) when `collection' is a function.
>> If you see otherwise, we have a problem.
> You can try the current ivy-mode code in elpa. It uses this for functions:
>     (all-completions "" collection predicate)
> And it does't work with Info.

That doesn't seem related to whether it gives the same result as

   (funcall collection "" predicate t)

I'm not surprised "it doesn't work" (which of course, is poor as
a description of problem) if you expect this to give you the (infinite)
list of possible node named.

> I tried also with helm-mode, it doesn't work either.

Not surprised either.

There's a good reason why icomplete.el doesn't try to re-implement
completion, but instead piggybacks on top of the default
completion code.

        Stefan